The diaphragm is hydraulically actuated. Its function is basically that of a partition. The diaphragm material is usually Teflon. There is no leakage of the process fluid as it is hermetically sealed.
The reciprocating plunger displaces hydraulic fluid causing movement of the diaphragm and a like movement of the process liquid. The diaphragm separates Hydraulic fluid and process liquid. The internal leak age at the plunger is balanced by the leakage replenishment valve. This diaphragm control gives very high operational safety. The diaphragm has a long life as it is always in hydraulic balance with the liquid being pumped on one side and hydraulic oil on the other side. The system is safe guarded by a built- in pressure relief valve on the hydraulic side.
Diaphragm Type Metering & Dosing Pump - Electric
Salient Features of Diaphragm Pump:
- • API 675, Diaphragm Type
- • Contact Parts - SS 316 / PP / TEFLON
- • Simple Diaphragm head for normal application.
- • Double Diaphragm for higher operating security.
- • Sandwich Diaphragm with Leak Protection System